Saturday, September 27, 2008

Home Bitter-Sweet Home



Our home is almost finished! The builders are putting the finishing touches on it but Rich said that the walls are painted and the appliances are already in. We're still working out a closing date but we have our final walk-through on October 10th! I can't wait to see it and to of course see Rich again! This pic was taken last month.

As excited as I am to move into our new home, it is also very bittersweet to leave our first home- Austin, TX. I moved here right after graduation from NMSU to attend grad school at UT in 2004. I immediately fell in love with Austin and when Rich moved here it quickly became our "home". No more Freebirds, no more Amy's Ice Cream, no more Vivo, no more Congress Avenue Bats...there is no place like Austin! Mostly I'll miss the kiddos that I work with and I feel very blessed to have known them and they will forever be in my thoughts. I'm a different and better person because of them. Wow I can't believe that I only have 1 more month here! I know that wherever Rich is, is my "home" and we'll do our best to "Keep Peoria, AZ Weird" ;-)

No comments: